Facebook recently launched the ability for business pages to use video instead of a single cover photo. This is a further indication of the impact that videos are having on branding and marketing strategies. Instead of being limited to just one image you can now get creative on talking about your brand, services and or products that you offer. Here are a few must-knows about the videos:
- Page admins can upload cover videos the same way they currently upload cover photos.
- Cover videos must be between 20 seconds and 90 seconds long.
- The recommended video crop size is 820 pixels by 462 pixels.
- Cover videos auto-play and auto-loop, but sound isn’t automatically on.
- The video starts from the beginning every time a person refreshes the page
With Facebook still leading the pack as the largest social media platform, it is estimated that more than 1 million small and medium-sized businesses use the platform to advertise their business. Facebook continues to level the playing field for small business trying to market against larger corporations. We are excited to see what continual improvements Facebook is going to make to their platform to help business better market their brand.
Even though videos are more expensive to create than images, but gain more traction (clicks/views) than images, justifying the expense. If you are interested in having a video made for your Facebook account give us a call or send us an email. You can also checkout our client’s Facebook page that we highlighted in this blog: https://www.facebook.com/homeinteriorwarehouse/.